Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Soup
This Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Soup is bursting with flavor, and it tastes so fresh and healthy! This is a perfect weeknight dinner option because you can throw everything in your slow cooker and you barely have to lift a finger beyond that.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (13.75 ounces) artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1 cup roasted red peppers drained and sliced
- 1/4 kalamata olives sliced
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
In your slow cooker, add the chicken, chicken broth, chickpeas, onion, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaves, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
Add the artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, lime juice, lime zest, and parsley and stir until combined.
Let it cook for an additional 10-15 minutes and serve.
Serving: 1.5cup | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1130mg | Potassium: 655mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 558IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg