Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce captures everything there is to love about fall. It is so easy to make, and it is delicious on top of your favorite pasta, ravioli, tortellini, or gnocchi.
- Avocado oil spray or any cooking spray of your choice
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds to garnish
Spray a pan with avocado oil spray and sauté the shallots over medium heat for a few minutes until soft.
Add the butter and let it melt.
Add the flour and stir until combined.
Add the almond milk, vegetable broth, pumpkin purée, salt, cinnamon, and fresh herbs.
Stir to combine and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
Serve over your favorite pasta and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6644IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg